December 30, 2023

Lesson 244: 2023 Book List

Hi friends! Here is the Book List for 2023. 

2023 was the year of the memoir, or maybe a continuation from last year? While all stories have value, my top picks were Paris Hilton's and Beth Moore's. Though The Lord is My Courage isn't technically a memoir, it contains lots of the author's personal story. Well worth the read! Maybe my top Christian book of the year?! 

Books about the process of writing made a strong showing towards the middle of the year, including my favorite by Mary Karr, The Art of the Memoir. The end of the year had me down a rabbit hole of stories of gals who've given up alcohol. Not sure I have a top pick in that category. 

In terms of novels, I finally picked up Fredrik Backman. Though slow going, he eventually turns the knife at just the right time, and there I sit, ugly crying. Just so good! 

I began the year with The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles, author of my all-time favorite book, A Gentleman in Moscow. Loved it! Read it! I also raced through Lessons in Chemistry over Christmas break, enjoyed the journey, and was sad when it ended. 

Top picks are bolded and italicized as always. Happy reading!


January 

* The Mean$: A Novel by Amy Fusselman

* The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles

* Unstoppable: Siggi Wilzig's Astonishing Journey from Auschwitz Survivor and Penniless Immigrant to Wall Street Legend by Joshua M. Greene 

* Just Do Something by Kevin DeYoung (reread)


February

* The Lord is My Courage by K.J. Ramsey

* Redeeming Power: Understanding Authority and Abuse in the Church by Diane Langberg

* Irreversible Damage by Abigail Shrier


March

* I'm Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy

* American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins

* All My Knotted-Up Life by Beth Moore

* A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman

* Timothy Keller: His Spiritual and Intellectual Formation by Collin Hansen


April

* The Search to Belong by Joseph R. Myers

* Becoming Elisabeth Elliot by Ellen Vaughn


May

* This Too Shall Last by K.J. Ramsey

* Beartown by Fredrik Backman

* The Great Sex Rescue by Sheila Wray Gregoire

* It All Comes Down to This by Therese Anne Fowler

* The Joy of Home by Ashley Gilbreath

* The Only Street in Paris: Life on the Rue des Martyrs by Elaine Sciolino


June

* Integrity by Henry Cloud

* Forgive by Tim Keller

* Anxious People by Fredrik Backman

* The Writing Life by Annie Dilliard


July

* The Art of Memoir by Mary Karr


August

* Bird By Bird by Anne Lamott


September

* Paris: The Memoir by Paris Hilton

* Raising Emotionally Strong Boys by David Thomas

* Dopamine Nation by Anna Lembke


October

* A Burning in My Bones by Winn Collier

* Let Me Tell You What I Mean by Joan Didion


November

* On Writing by Stephen King

* Hey, Hun by Emily Lynn Paulson

* Being Elizabeth Elliot by Ellen Vaughn


December

* Highlight Real by Emily Lynn Paulson

* Open Book by Jessica Simpson

* Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus

* We Are the Luckiest by Laura McKowen

* A Way of Living by Ralph Lauren 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...