March 30, 2015

Lesson 208: Weekend Projects

Mark and I are convinced that we are better people once spring comes. We spend more time outside, eat healthier, and sleep harder. Our improved selves also have more energy for projects, which makes us hungrier for real food and deep slumber.

It's a good cycle.

This weekend we got at it, both inside the house and out.

Mark was busy building our new compost pile.


Replanting the blueberry bushes from Clover.

(How sad is this new view ... )


And fashioning a fire pit.



I made my first attempts with Annie Sloan.





And took a hammer to some awful tile in our second bathroom.

You know, just to see what would happen.







(Don't worry. The toilet is going. Also, no comments about my hammer grip.)

I honestly have no idea what the kids did all weekend. Butterfly wings, airplanes, and shovels were definitely involved, but who knows what games they were playing.


All I know is they were busy.

And happy.

And hungry.

And tired.

The good kind of tired.

And that my friends is why spring is the best.


Lesson Learned: Use a clean brush when painting furniture if you don't want tiny white specks stuck in your finished product.


*Linked up at Living Well Spending Less


1 comment:

  1. I won't comment about the hammer grip if you make a fist and post it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...