August 26, 2012

Lesson 38: Paradise Lost - Introducing the "Van Vlake Series"

"Turns out not where but who you're with that really matters." Dave Matthews Band

When I look out my front porch, this is what I see.


If I turn slightly to the left, I see this ... the home of the world's best neighbors.


Or it was ...

until they moved.



All summer long, while our kids played on this ...


we sat here.

Joking. Laughing. Chatting. Being serious.

Long into the night, after the kids were tucked into bed, we still sat here. Not wanting it to end.


 Just like in the picture, these chairs are empty now.

In fact, two of them are gone.

Mark and I are sad.


Lesson Learned: Good neighbors are hard to find, and even harder to lose.


Keep Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...