June 27, 2013

Lesson 79: The Harvest Is In!

Today was a big day in the Ashbaugh house.

Well, technically, a big day just outside the Ashbaugh house.  You know, in our garden.

Let's play "I Spy." One of these things is not like the others.


Isn't he wonderful?

It's slightly comical how excited we are for the firstfruits of Mark's labors. We discussed an appropriate way to celebrate this harvest with our youth group kids yesterday. The idea of a burnt sacrifice was thrown around. But, then we remembered that Jesus has already come, and such sacrifices are no longer necessary!

Instead, we've decided to make a delicious salad: tomato, cucumber, watermelon, and feta with a balsalmic and olive oil dressing. Yum!

The cucumber for the salad was homegrown as well.


Did you really think I would devote an entire blog post to one cherry tomato?

Actually, I probably would have. But since we harvested a cuc as well, I guess we'll never know.

Here he is, my green-thumbed guy with his first harvest. He sure is good at providing for our family!


(I made him pose for this!)

Lesson Learned: Our produce needs seem to be taken care of. Do I see chickens in our future?



1 comment:

  1. I love this picture of Mark with the harvest! :) Maybe our side yard has enough sunlight for a few mater plants ;0) haha.. It was SO fun seeing y'all in Greenville! I love how we ran into each other...Come again soon!! We still have boxes everywhere...can't wait for them to leeeave!!!! I did hang up a few paintings in Abby's room which helped a lot. And little by little we are making progress. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...