November 07, 2013

Lesson 134: Let the Filling Begin

Remember my empty hallway? (I got so much interaction with this post.)

Work on it has commenced.





Poor dead ladybug ...

My mom's friend graciously donated this piece of furniture to the Ashbaugh's. Us. It made the long trek from PA to SC in August, and just last week, underwent a slight color change.

With a coupon from House Beautiful, the paint was free at Lowe's. I was super lazy with the project. I think Valspar covers nicely, so I sanded a bit, used no primer, and only painted one coat.

I considered keeping the two-toned thing going, appreciating its subtle nuancing. However, in the end, the nuancing drove me crazy, and I painted it all one color.

Still on the look-out for knobs.

Stay tuned to see its incorporation into the hallway!


Lesson Learned: Don't go swimming in paint, ladybugs. You will die!


7 comments:

  1. You go girl! Do you have Hobby Lobby?? Last time I was in there I was amazed by their knob selection. Might be worth looking into...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting thought. I haven't been there in a while ... I think definitely worth looking into!

      Delete
  2. Anthropologie also has a great selection of knobs! I also loved the two- toned look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks HG. If you had been around, I'm sure you could have helped me make it "actually" look cool with styling. But, without you, it looked like I was trying a little too hard. :(

      Come back ... :)

      Delete
  3. So the lesson learned is for the ladybugs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, the ladybugs were the only things killed in the process of making this. They need to learn.

      P.S. You've been killing it on blog comments today. High five and a "yea!" For you!

      Delete
  4. Nice sideboard! That color will pop nicely against the walls in the hall (pictures? :)

    And... good thing it was only one of many, many ladybugs to die this month...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...