October 02, 2013

Lesson 106: A New Look

If you are a regular reader, you may have noticed that some things have changed around here lately, you know, with the blog's appearance. 

No, you are not just imagining things. The blog really does look different.

To be honest, all this change is making me feel super awkward (well at least my online self feels awkward. In real life, I feel fine.)

The emotions are similar to when I go and chop all my hair off. Excited, unsure, crazy.

I'm freakin' out here! (Kind of.)

So ... (in all seriousness) 

If you are a regular reader, someone who cares about the best interests of this blog ...

I'd appreciate your feedback on the new look.

Reasons for the Change:

1. Mark felt like the other format was too wide.
2. I didn't like the font at the bottom of the photo.
3. I felt kind of guilty displaying pictures of paintings I didn't create. (I took the new photo).


Truths About My Blogs Appearance to Take Into Consideration as You Critique:

1. My blog name is really long and hard to feature. 
2. I don't actually know what I'm doing on these photo editing programs, so don't be too harsh.
3. I considered going uber-simple, like Rachel of Small Notebook (she's basically my blogging hero), but y'all, it's just not me! I am colorful!
4. I'm not paying anyone to fix it for me. At least, not until the moola starts rolling in! 
5. I reserve the right to ignore any and all comments! :)

So ... have at it, friends!


Lesson Learned: This is my 2nd attempt at a self-created blog header. I am not sure whether it's an improvement or not. 






3 comments:

  1. I like the new look! I think it's cool that you made the header yourself. I can see why you like Rachel's blog. I have similar philosophies about my home. A friend told me I should really try using some photo-editing software to drive Pinterest traffic so I've been experimenting a little with Photoshop (on Brad's computer) and PicMonkey (a free on-line program). You're right--it's hard when you're doing it all yourself instead of hiring a professional! I like to think that I'm learning more this way (or at least that's how I reassure myself when I feel incompetent as a web-designer). I think it all looks great. Your hard work is paying off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica!

      I just discovered PicMonkey! It is so easy to use, I couldn't believe it.

      We had a sweet (used) camera gifted to us around graduation time, but we are stil super clueless on how to use it. The editing software does seem to help if you don't know what you are doing with the actual camera.

      Learning to use the camera is on the list of "Future Hobbies", but for now has taken a back seat!

      Delete
  2. Dear Katherine,
    From the dad who wears pink colored glasses whenever he is asked to evaluate his daughter, it doesn't matter what the blog design looks like. I love the content and that is what keeps me reading more. Sorry. I know this is not what you were looking for, but it is the truth. You know. I really believe you would have been well dressed all those years growing up if only your mother had let me do the shopping. Did you want to hear what Tyler and I looked like when we got out out of the house before your mother got home to see us before we went to the movies?
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...