"Ten Quick Thoughts" is my new Friday feature!
In theory, as you head into the weekend, your body and brain relax from your regular weekly obligations and mental duties. Thus (again, in theory), you have some time to think on other subjects.
I think it'll be fun to give you suggestions. My hope is that each of the 10 will be funny, interesting, or well, thought-provoking.
10 is each week's aim, because I love the number 10. However, if I only have 6 thoughts, I'll only post 6. That makes sense, right?
This is meant to be quick, so without further ado:
1. A polar bear's fur is not white, but clear. Its skin is white. If algae grows on its skin, it will begin to appear lime green. Weird.
2. Dollar store balloons last forever. And they are super cheap. (One dollar.) We were thoroughly impressed.
3. Sometimes I feel guilty about eating the last cookie (or brownie) (or scoop of ice cream), but most of the time, I feel nothing but pure joy.
4. This here is a link to a good discussion on parenting.
5. "D'you know that my next door neighbor has three rabbits?"
6. Check out the new Indelible Grace Hymnbook site. Well done.
7. "It is easily forgotten that the fellowship of Christian brethren is a
gift of grace, a gift of the Kingdom of God that any day may be taken
from us, that the time that still separates us from utter loneliness may
be brief indeed. Therefore, let him who until now has had the privilege
of living a common Christian life with other Christians praise God's
grace from the bottom of his heart. Let him thank God on his knees and
declare: It is grace, nothing but grace, that we are allowed to live in
Community with Christian brethren." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Life Together
8. I am obsessed with the Winnie the Pooh series right now. Nothing calms my crazy mind like a good, wholesome bedtime story.
9. Last year around this time, I was thinking about this. Go Hokies!
10. If possible, seek out in-laws who live in a sweet place. We are heading to Charleston for the weekend to visit mine! Beach, seafood, and relaxin' here we come.
TQT Question: The words in #5 were spoken by whom? (No google, cheaters!)