July 25, 2013

Lesson 86: "2013 Goals" Check-In

Christmas in July celebrations are popping up all over social media these days. This has reminded me it's time to check in and see how I'm doing with those New Year's rezi's ...

1. Graduate seminary: As of today I am 15 credits short of a Masters of Arts in Biblical Studies from Reformed Theological Seminary. This is five classes. I also have to pass the English Bible Exam. I have exactly 136 days until graduation. I'd like to not only finish, but finish strong.

There I am, shaking our new President's hand in the old graduation garb! If I get real reflective at some point, I'll write more about this awesome day.

Oh, and here's my hubby with some of his fraaaands!




2. Practice Good Dental Hygiene: As you may have read here, December was an expensive month for my teeth. 

Definitely doing this with significantly more regularity.

3. Buy a Painting: I don't know if it's come across in this blog, but I love to decorate my house. I've been saving to buy an original Charlotte-related painting as a graduation present / remembrance for Mark and I. Paintings are not cheap! Thus, I have been selling small items here and there on craigslist and am hoping that by May, I will have saved up enough, non-necessary money to purchase one!


Meet ... my cows! Oh how I love these friends!

I promise to introduce you more fully to them at a later date!

4. Cut Internet Usage in Front of Samara: I won't go on a full-fledged rant here, but I hate seeing kids playing with iphones. I could probably devote an entire blog to my lack of love for mixing children and technology. That being said, though I don't allow Samara to use my computer, I am often on the computer in front of her. All this does is increase her desire to be on the computer as well. I only have a couple of years left with her. I want them to be spent with us doing things together in person, not with her watching me learn about blogging. (She's napping right now.)

I'd say there's been some marked improvement!

5. Continue with the Monthly Meal Plan: FAIL!

6. Get Ourselves a Will: FAIL! In fact, we've taken a few steps backwards here. Apparently there are some other legal matters we need to sort out first.

7. Read the Bible in a Year: FAIL! Started behind and have never caught up. I wonder if I could do it in six months?

8. Exercise Once I'm Done Nursing: FAIL! (and I don't want to talk about it.)

9. Increase Our Gardening Efforts: We will try again for the herbs, and maybe consider tomatoes and cucumbers. I hear these grow, but hmmm, with us, you never know. 

Do we have a garden? Ha, please?!?! You can read all about it here, here, here, and here.

10. Generic goals: Continue to cut extraneous sugar. Buy steel cut oatmeal. Pick up my clothes more often. (This has been made easier by cleaning out and cleaning out again.) Do more loads of laundry. Read to Hudson more. He is so active, I usually just end up wrestling him. Try to call people on their birthdays, send cards, or at least do a facebook shout-out. Do things that make Mark smile. Drink more water. Send my mom more pictures of my children. (Sorry Mom, I really am.) Spend more time outside. 

What is that, 50%?

It could be worse. We could still be living a cow-less life, but friends, that is just simply not the case. 

Well y'all, how are you doing with your goals?


Lesson Learned: Perhaps I need to enter "Start Bible Reading Plan" into my google calendar for 1-1-14. I need to begin "In the beginning" at the beginning.

(Did you get that Gen 1:1 reference?)




1 comment:

  1. Crapsack here. I like your blog. I read about your desire for art. My wife could help you with that goal. Her art site:
    Www.etsy.com/shop/smallbutvaluable
    You should also read her blog:
    Smallbutvaluable.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...