December 13, 2013

Lesson 146: Ten Quick Thoughts (Week 8)

Hudson's Word of the Week: Dancin'

1. I totally forgot to mention this amazing Christmas cd in Wednesday's small business post! My bff from seminary, Rachel, who has the most beautiful voice, is featured in a few songs. It is mostly old favorites redone, but seriously, it is exceptional!

And it's only $5.

If you buy one stocking stuffer this year, let it be this cd! FIND HERE!


Here's a youtube video of my favorite song on the album!

2. Remember '08, when Iron Gym was so popular that three made their way into our house Christmas morning? Mark felt so left out.



3. Funny 

4. One serious link: Depression is not a quick solution issue, but here are some quick ideas.

5. While watching Titanic last night, it struck me. Jack Dawson = minimalist.

"I mean, I got everything I need right here with me. I got air in my lungs, a few blank sheets of paper. I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's gonna happen or, who I'm gonna meet, where I'm gonna wind up. Just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people."

I wonder if Jack Dawson was subconsciously a hero of mine in junior high.

6. My light bulb from #5 caused Mark to roll his eyes for two reasons. One, because he thinks Leo is the worst in this movie. Two, because he thinks Titanic is the worst movie in general ... except maybe Love Story.

7. In related news, Mark rented (and enjoyed) Pacific Rim last weekend, a fact he asked me not to share with any of my little friends.  I don't think he has any right to pass judgement on my movie selections.

8. The Piano Guys. Enough said.

9. A few years ago, the Justin Bieber Christmas cd was the hot ticket item in our white elephant exchange. I may or may not have made a high school girl cry so that I could take it home. I blame month 8 pregnancy hormones! I probably would make a different choice this year, but I guess we'll see. #JustinBieberisnotworthmorethanafriendship #sorry #whoinvitedher?

10. This weekend is full of good cheer with Christmas parties and holiday concerts! I do so love this time of year! Most exciting event on your seasonal calendar?


TQT Question: Best Christmas Movie ever. (It is ok if you have answers for multiple categories.)

Classic: White Christmas
New: Home Alone (If 1990 counts as new.)



1 comment:

  1. Classic: A Charlie Brown Christmas may be the only popular Christmas film that includes an account of Christ's birth (when Linus recites from Luke 2).
    Semi-Classic: A Muppet Christmas Carol - because... it's the Muppets. "Light the lamp, not the rat! LIGHT THE LAMP, NOT THE RAT!" Oh, and it's a way to enjoy classic literature.
    New: Elf - no other movie makes me feel so very... Christmasy! "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...